Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Happy Couple



When our good friends, The Salisbury's, told us that they were having a baby too, I was incredibly excited. Not only was I excited for them in their new adventure, but I was excited for me.  I had a feeling this mom thing would be tough, lonely, and thankless, but having someone to meet up with, walk with, gossip and bitch with--well, that could be a saving grace.

For Heidi and Quinn's second date, Heidi and I went over to Quinn's house and just hung out.  Heidi is about 4 1/2 months old and Quinn is a little squirt at only 6 weeks, yet I look at him and can't remember my big ol' smiling, grabbing, eating baby being that tiny. How quickly we forget!  We managed to get both babies down for a nap, though barely moved them for fear of waking up so we just tiptoed around the living room and let them control our lives as usual.  Such a nice visit, and so nice to have camaraderie, for both Heidi and me.

No comments: